List of known questions
How to backup your computer software
- Backing up your computer is an important step every computer user should take do if they do not want to loose any of their valuable data. This page covers steps on how to backup your computer incase your computer fails, gets stolen, or gets destroyed in a fire.
- Backing up to a blank CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R or other writable disc is easy but will require some type of software or operating system capable of writing to the discs. These type of backups also require the disc be inserted into the computer each time you wish to make a backup.
- Backing up to an external hard disk drive if the best solution for anyone who needs to backup large amounts of data and need to backup frequently.
- To backup to a USB thumb drive copy and paste the files you want backed up to the thumb drive
Do I really need to backup?
- Yes. Everyone has some type of information on their computer that they may not realize is important until they loose it. For example, Internet bookmarks, documents, financial data, saved e-mail, music, pictures, saved games, etc. Also, your computer may appear to be working normally, but it or the hard disk drive in it could fail at any time and without notice.